I’m a systems technician and cybersecurity trainee.
I started my career with a focus on creative and educational writing. I’ve since devoted my attention to information technology, with a particular focus on cybersecurity.
I carry out technical research and testing, configure and maintain business-critical systems, and support my organisation’s security posture by implementing and monitoring controls.
Taking experience I already had, along with a hunger to learn more, I’ve undertaken a Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT to both broaden and sharpen my technical skills and understanding. During and on completion of my Open University studies, I’m setting out to obtain certifications in key areas of interest in cybersecurity, such as networking, analysis and incident response.
Skills and interests include cybersecurity operations and awareness, writing and editing, digital privacy, systems administration, programming, automation, GNU/Linux and free and open source software.
- Diploma in Computing and IT, The Open University
- Security+, CompTIA
- AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft
- Intune Fundamentals, Microsoft
- BA Hons in Creative Writing and English, London South Bank University (2011)
- Introduction to Network Analysis, Security Blue Team (2023)
- Introduction to Digital Forensics, Security Blue Team (2023)